To our Leasing Customers:
Virginia Business Systems prides itself on being a provider of value, not only in our service and support for your office equipment but also as a good company to do business with. Over the 65 plus years of our existence, we have seen remarkable changes in the marketplace, in technological advances and in the ways in which we can add value to our clients. One of these ways is the method in which we handle document technology financing.
The leasing industry is largely unregulated. This lack of interference allows for a free flow of entrepreneurial energy, making equipment leasing an attractive financing vehicle, which according to the U.S. Department of Commerce is used by over 80% of all businesses in the United States. To protect you in this unregulated environment, we have chosen partners who not only a have a track record of integrity and excellence, but who are willing to agree to these promises in writing when you finance with Virginia Business Systems.
When our partners receive your agreement, they will call to verify that the solution has been installed and is working. Once the verification is complete, you can expect the following:
- At the beginning of the lease, you may be offered insurance for the leased equipment. You may either accept or reject it.
- Your monthly invoice will be mailed 25 days in advance of the due date.
- You will be charged a one-time documentation fee.
- You will not be charged a processing fee for the pass through billing of property taxes that are due.
- At the end of the initial lease term, you will never pay more than 15% of the leased equipment cost on a Fair Market Value purchase option contract.
- Should your lease contain a $1.00 out purchase option, you will not be billed renewal payments.
- At the end of the lease term, you will be notified on your last scheduled invoice.
- Should you use the equipment following the end of term without exercising your purchase option, you will not be automatically committed to a 12-month renewal; rather your renewal will be month to month.
- Should you choose to send your equipment back to the leasing company, you will be provided a Return Authorization in a timely manner once your contractual obligations have been met.
While this Code of Ethics in Leasing appears as common sense, we have seen increased activity in unseemly business practices and felt as if you should know this before you enter into a contract. What may appear as a lower monthly payment may mask problems down the line for your organization. Once you have decided on the right solution, make sure that you have chosen a firm that embraces these principles and will do so in writing. Chances are ethically challenged leasing companies have already victimized you, so you know what we’re talking about. If you managed to escape this burden, consider yourself lucky and choose Virginia Business Systems to continue your good fortune.
Lastly, you will always receive prompt, courteous, professional and fair treatments from Virginia Business Systems and our leasing partners. This is how we do business at Virginia Business Systems and you have my word on it. If at any time you feel you have been treated otherwise, please call me directly at (804) 270-7003 x1102.
President, Virginia Business Systems