Classrooms and conference rooms have long transitioned from chalk and blackboards to whiteboards and erasable markers. They’re cleaner, provide better visibility, and have long life.
Whiteboards are very effective for traditional learning and office environments, but today’s global workforces demand better methods of communicating effectively with remote teams and those working from home.
How Interactive Whiteboards Revolutionize Presentations
Technology has changed the way companies do business, from global enterprises to small businesses and academic institutions. E-learning is a custom-made application for state-of-the-art electronic whiteboards. Using technology for presentations is proving to be useful in a wide variety of business and education environments.
In classroom presentations, educators can illustrate course subjects in real time, just as working on a local whiteboard, but all attendees can view the results – from anywhere and on any device.
Remote presenting with integrated displays enables instant feedback from students, including remote access for contributing to the presentation and responding to questions. This hands-on approach to education takes presentation technology to the next level, engaging students, and making the curriculum more interesting – especially for remote attendees.
E-learning has become a trend for all levels of education, from K-12 through schools of higher learning. Most participants of remote learning report that they appreciate the flexibility of e-learning and many participate in courses on mobile devices. Whiteboard presentations that can easily be viewed on laptops, tablets, and smartphones bring presentations to mobile students efficiently and securely.
Many remote workers or those new to a mobile work environment, such as when suddenly working from home due to health risks, can find communications a major challenge.
Interactive whiteboards offer business meetings and corporate communications an opportunity for remote teams to collaborate on business topics. Digital screens that can be divided into multiple sections for effective discussions and real-time feedback enhance the productivity of business meetings and invite the participation of virtual teams.
Utilizing a digital whiteboard is an ideal way to conduct remote training sessions when employees are unable to attend a session in person. This not only provides information efficiently but saves considerable expense in travel and accommodations for participants.
How Digital Whiteboards Work
Interactive whiteboards utilize technology that makes them effective tools for classrooms, boardrooms, and even sports coaching/training sessions.
- Electronic whiteboards can be utilized with USB, HDMI, or WiFi connectivity, contributing to ease of setup and implementation.
- Whiteboards can be connected to computers to become a digital display that is touch-sensitive to permit drawing in various sections of the display.
- Connected to in-house networks or the internet, the display can be presented and manipulated by all participants.
- The touchscreen interface allows multiple people to add notes and collaborate during the presentation.
- All screen content is stored in digital format, making information instantly available for saving, sharing, and future updates. No more taking pictures of traditional whiteboards for manual keying after the meeting.
- Remote devices can similarly draw on the presentation, becoming visible for all participants in real time.
- Software functionality permits drawing over projected images or documents, for sharing comments and other meeting content. As the meeting or training session closes, the presenter can easily save the updated presentation or images in JPG, PDF, or other formats for immediate emailing to participants, other interested parties, or remote workers who could not attend.
Benefits of Interactive Whiteboards
Interactive whiteboards are finding expanding use in all sorts of settings due to their many advantages in facilitating effective communications for remote work teams and students:
- Ease of sharing material and collaborating with students, academic administrators, and remote work teams.
- Installation and setup is relatively simple – typically a matter of a few hours to be up and running with the technology.
- Little training is required and can be easily provided by the manufacturer or sales source. Presenters can get up to speed on managing remote presentations quickly.
- Systems are low maintenance and support is readily available.
- Interactive displays provide high-quality images and technology that senses the difference between actions such as finger drawing, pen use, and movements such as palm-erase.
- Many also include high-performance audio sound for local participants in the classroom or conference room.
With the ease of use and capability of sharing meeting presentations, comments, and other annotations, these devices contribute to enhanced team participation and collaboration for work teams and educators.
Making the Most of Presentation Technology
With the increasing need for effective communications between remote work teams and academic institutions, interactive displays are proving to be an important tool for making effective presentations. Virginia Business Systems (VBS) has the experience in electronic whiteboard software and hardware that will enhance your presentations and make them more effective.
Making presentations is easier with interactive whiteboards. Using what we’ve learned from remote working trends and demand, VBS has developed the expertise and product knowledge that provide effective use of the technology in your organization.
Contact VBS to begin making effective presentations with interactive whiteboard technology.